Do you eat breakfast regularly? Many people find that they are often too busy in the morning to have breakfast. Some just say that they aren’t hungry enough when they wake up to want to eat anything substantial. Those who don’t eat breakfast could potentially be doing more harm to their bodies than good. Studies show that there are several important reasons to eat breakfast every single morning, no mater how busy you are and even if you aren’t very hungry. Listed below are 7 reasons to eat breakfast every morning and why it is so vital.
1. People who eat breakfast are actually healthier overall. Some people are under the huge misconception that not eating breakfast saves calories that you can then use throughout the day when you become hungry. This is not true. When you eat a reasonable and healthy breakfast in the morning, you are actually regulating your blood sugar levels. When you don’t eat breakfast in the morning, you may find that you get hungry much more quickly throughout the day because your stomach is empty.
?2. Eating breakfast helps manage weight. If you are looking to lose weight or maintain recent weight loss, eating breakfast is crucial. Eating a small, sensible breakfast will help you curb hunger throughout the day. When you already have good, sustainable food in your system, you are less likely to reach for the junk you may be surrounded by while going about your day.
3. Breakfast gives you energy. If you skip breakfast in the morning, you are essentially running on fumes. You need all the nutrients present in a healthy breakfast to help you perform correctly at work or school. If you don’t eat breakfast in the morning, you may have to wait up to 12 hours since your last meal before you can eat again. Your muscles need glycogen for energy and will end up being depleted if you haven’t eaten anything.
4. Those who eat breakfast in the morning are mentally sharper. Everyone wants to be alert and attentive during the day. Certain breakfast foods have been proven to give you a brain boost and will help you perform your daily duties with a sense of heightened clarity and awareness.
5. You will miss proper vitamin and nutrient intake if you skip breakfast. So many people who choose to skip breakfast at the start of the day will not make up for the nutrients that they missed by skipping that meal.
6. Of all the 7 reasons to eat breakfast, this next one is probably one of the most important. If you eat breakfast in the morning, you will be less hungry throughout the day. This is especially important for those who are watching their weight and want improved health. Those who eat breakfast are less likely to overeat, and thus consume more calories than necessary, throughout the day. Overeating throughout the later part of the day is directly related to weight gain.
7. Lastly, eating breakfast every morning sets a good example. This is especially important if you are raising a family. With the growing number of health concerns in this country, setting a positive and healthy example for your kids is so crucial to their continued health and awareness as they get older. Show them the importance of healthy nutrition and don’t skip the most important meal of the day: breakfast.